Global Impact (Unapologetically Naija Fund)
"I am eager to elevate the conversation about mental health in Nigeria and support the amazing work happening on the ground to make meaningful change, reduce stigma and ensure every Nigerian has access to quality mental health services."
—Abbey Johnson, Founder LWA
Live Without Apologies’ Unapologetically Naija Fund is HERE! Proceeds will benefit Nigerian-based organizations doing incredible work in the Mental Health field.
- Beginning June 1, 2022, 3% of All Live Without Apologies (LWA) sales will benefit the Unapologetically Naija Fund.
- Stay tuned for more information!
Why are we doing this?
Live Without Apologies (LWA) was never just about selling T-shirts. LWA is also a lifestyle, education, storytelling and advocacy community working hard to raise awareness and sound the alarm about the current mental health crisis globally!
As a first-generation Nigerian-American, our Founder, Abbey is deeply passionate about the mental health crisis in her homeland:
- 1 in 4 Nigerians (more than 50 million people) currently live with a mental health condition.
- Nigeria has Africa's highest caseload of depression and ranks 15th in the world in the frequency of suicides.
- Less than 10% of Nigerians have access to mental healthcare. There are about 200 psychiatrists to treat a population of more than 200 million.
- 1 in 8 Nigerians will develop a mental health condition during their lifetime.
This is URGENT business. Any support that you can provide is greatly appreciated. Let’s be love & light. We ALL have a little Naija in Us.
Click Here to Donate
Data Source: World Health Organization (WHO)